In addition to numerous application updates, Cobi has recently developed an Android, web and iPhone app for Volkswagen Team Assist (commissioned by Amsterdam based FONKmobile), a Samsung TV app for News24, and our internal product division has created an iPad app called Sticky Art.
Team Assist is a driving schedule application for amateur football players in the Netherlands. The app gives users an overview of current and future games directly from the KNVB. Players can access the latest information about the games; see which team members are playing, the location of the next game, who is driving and where and when to meet.
The News24 application is the first locally developed Smart TV application in Africa. It allows users to access news content on their Smart TVs and navigate to stories or sections of interest using the remote as a cursor.
Sticky Art lets you design sticky-note art using your iPad. You can either create the design manually, or use the trace feature to convert a regular image into a sticky art. The app allows users to customise the window size, zoom in and out to get perspective of how the design will look and email or print the design from your iPad. A design inventory is also shown on your design so that you know how many stickies you need.
The News24 app is accessible from the Samsung Apps Store via the Smart TV UI
Its been a busy few months here at Cobi Interactive with plenty of apps being developed and released, our team doubling in size and a move into an established office. Lets take a look at some of the highlights:
– For a look at our new office check out Leo’s post on the move.
– We also completed development on two iPad applications for Studio4332 and Grolsch. The apps are being showed off at Design Indaba this week in Cape Town so look out for them if you’re attending. Check out the article here on the apps.
– The News24 Android app received a major update which was released a few weeks back.
– We completed development on MWEB’s iPad app, which was released onto the App Store
– Zoopy recently relaunched their brand and site with a fantastic new look and feel. To compliment their shift to a heavy mobile focus; we carried out major updates to their iPhone and BlackBerry apps.
Its grueling work getting a self-funded startup going, but we find that reflecting on our progress and milestones helps to keep the energy levels up and motivation high!
Cobi Interactive, in partnership with Beyond438, have developed a business utility application for the iPhone. The app enables you to quickly and easily calculate your hourly, daily, weekly and monthly rates and profit. The app offers an intuitive and simple interface with the ability to view, edit, save and email your rate sheets. Switch currencies with ease or updating any charge out rate or cost rate cell in the sheet to assist in determining the optimal rate structure for your next project.
>> Hourly, daily, weekly and monthly values all editable and visible in a single sheet.
>> Multiple currencies with selectable base and comparable currencies (Limited currencies available in lite version).
>> Exchange rates updated in realtime.
>> Save rate sheets for later viewing/editing (Full version only).
>> E-mail rate sheets in CSV format (Full version only).
>> Configurable hours per day, week and month.
1. A consulting manager can save his/her team’s rates for quick lookup. Quickly lookup a consultant’s rate structure when getting a call at the airport for a specific position.
2. The manager of a multinational consulting firm can enter the charge out rate in GBP and the cost rate in USD to review the profit of a US-based consultant working in the UK.